So a fun thing has happened over the past two weeks, This M Word was nominated twice for the blogosphere’s Liebster Award! I was thrilled for the first, it was affirming of my choice to start writing again, then when the second came I was giddy. So thank you Country Road Abode and Cheese Acres Farm for the nominations, I’m very grateful!
A few facts about the award:
- Acknowledge the blogger who has nominated your blog and be sure to display your award!
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger has asked you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs that have 200 or less followers and you feel are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know that you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
So here are the questions from Country Road Abode since they nominated me first.
- What’s your favorite thing about where you live? The gorges and wildlife! In a word: Stunning.
- What is your favorite post you’ve ever written? (leave a link!) CP – In the Eyes of a Two Year Old
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A scientist, specifically a doctor. I got a biology degree and loved it!
- What was the first blog you started reading? Oh tough one, A well known one, The Prairie Homestead, and one a little less well known perhaps, Little Catholic Bubble.
- What movie do you think should have a sequel? Ok, so I don’t know. It’s been ages since I’ve seen a movie. Lame I know!
- If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family or group, which would it be? Well, I suppose Friends is a group I could deal with best 😉
- What’s your favorite song? This really shifts with my mood, so I don’t have a single favorite!!
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had? Worked at Target in Washington, D.C. for two days. Craziest two days of my life…Perhaps I’ll write about that one day.
- Do you collect anything? Nope
- What is the best compliment anyone has ever given you? An Italian in Paris walked up to me with a rose and said in Italian “You are beautiful.” Definitely one of the more romantic moments in my life (sorry Joe!!)
- How far away from your birthplace do you live now? Well I’m in NY State and I was born in Texas. Some family is still in denial I’m up north!
11 Random Facts about myself:
- I was born in Texas, and I am southern but I don’t have any accent. At. All.
- I speak French, and try to incorporate certain ideologies into our living.
- My husband and I are both biologists, but neither of us went into research.
- I live in Central NY, near tons and tons of gorges.
- I’m fairly introverted but tend to put myself in situations that force extroverted actions. Basically I’m learning to better socialize in large groups!
- My husband does all the canning in our house. I just can’t focus when I try to do it.
- I’m an only child, but my husband has three other siblings.
- My real name is Amanda but friends call me Mandy. I went with the nickname in 6th grade and have yet to switch back.
- Many people upon hearing my name think of Mandy Moore and then proceed to inform me that I look like her or remind them of her. I’m a blonde, for a start…I really think it’s the name folks!
- I first learned my love of writing when I was 14, when I was writing descriptive posts based on the Lord of the Ring novels. Really helped my use of language!
- I am Catholic, and became so 3 years ago this Easter!
So now for the nominees: I don’t have a ton of time to read, so these are the ones I tend to check out, as you can see not 11 blogs but close!!
- True Love and Homegrown
- City Country Me
- Leaven in the World
- 3 Sisters Farm Chick
- Green Circle Grove
- Little Wife Living the Homesteading Life
- My Canning Addiction
- Sadie Seasongoods
- The Frenzied Fox
- Finding Former Glory
Finally to the questions for my nominees!!
- What got you into blogging?
- What is your passion in life?
- If you could visit one country in the world, which one would it be and why?
- What season is your favorite?
- What is your least favorite chore (inside or out) and why?
- What do you hope to be doing with your life 5 years from now?
- Would you consider yourself a “go with the flow” or “stick with the plan” type person?
- Where do you consider home to be?
- If money was no object, what would you do the second you stop typing out your answers to these questions?
- What is your favorite meal/food? Do you cook it? If not who does?
- Are you a coffee drinker or not?
Ok so that’s it! Be sure to check out the blogs listed and tell them I sent you!!